Monday, April 27, 2009

Congratulations to the Open Security Foundation



I was thrilled when I read that the Open Security Foundation (OSF) was named as SC Magazine's 2009 Editor's Choice Award recipient.
I simply can't think of a more deserving bunch.
Congratulations and well done!
OSF is the parent organization for the OSVDB and the DataLossDB.
Their accolades reminded me that OSF is a a 501(c)3 nonprofit, public foundation and as such, benefits from donations. I've been a Network for Good user for a year or so, and it occurred to me that I'd rather have donations made to OSF via my badge than any other organization.
People occasionally try to pay me for helping them out via Holisticinfosec.org; I tell them I'm paid well enough at my day job and writing gigs, and that they should instead donate to my preferred organization.
OSF is that preferred organization, please donate via my badge or straight through OSVDB, if so motivated. I just did; I'd be honored if you'd do the same.
Again, congratulations OSF!

del.icio.us | digg | Submit to Slashdot

No comments:

Moving blog to HolisticInfoSec.io

toolsmith and HolisticInfoSec have moved. I've decided to consolidate all content on one platform, namely an R markdown blogdown sit...